A rules-based strategy designed to exploit market inefficiencies in a disciplined systematic manner
Outperform the market capitalization-weighted return of the S&P 500 index with less downside risk.
- Equal-weight the S&P 100 index^
- Securities will be trimmed to 1% if they appreciate 50%+ during the quarter
- Securities that fall 30% or more during the quarter will be taken out of the portfolio
- Quarterly rebalance realigns holdings to 1% weights‡
- Potential to maximize upside capture and minimize downside exposure ratios
- Manages turnover
- Captures gains
- Distributes gains to more attractively valued stocks
- Portfolio investments range across market cap and style spectra
- The portfolio focuses on the large cap segment and has a mild value bias
**There is no guarantee that this objective will be achieved.
^ SPDRs may be used to equalize cash since they are highly correlated to the S&P 500 cap-weighted index. They are used as equity proxies for the Corporate Leaders 100 strategy because they are more closely correlated to the strategy, and provide higher liquidity, than the S&P 100 cap-weighted SPDR.
‡ Rebalancing can result in capital gains or losses.
Past performance does not guarantee future results. There is no guarantee that any forecasts or opinions in this material will be realized. Manager commentary is for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice and is not a recommendation to purchase or sell any of the securities referenced.