What is an SMA
A separately managed account (“SMA”) is an individual portfolio that directly invests in stocks, bonds, or a combination and is overseen by a professional money manager. In an SMA, the investor owns individual securities rather than shares of a fund providing structural advantages over mutual funds. With higher minimums and unique benefits, separately managed accounts are the vehicle commonly utilized by high net worth investors.
Why invest in an SMA
Separately Managed Accounts are individualized portfolios that are:
- Personal – your client owns the underlying securities in the strategy rather than owning a fund that invests in the securities.
- Customizable – your client can structure their portfolio as they deem fit based on investing goals and individual preferences
- Tax flexible – since your client controls when they buy and sell they can manage tax incidence and offset gains strategically
- Transparent – your client owns individual securities which are always visible within their account. Performance reporting is specific to their portfolio
Why invest in Voya SMAs
- Access to institutional caliber platforms – individualized portfolios that benefit from the deep expertise of Voya’s investment professionals
- Investing for reliability – investment strategies and processes focusing on consistent results over the long term
- Risk Controls – risk management integrated in the investment process to provide disciplined portfolio construction and exposures
Voya IM does not provide tax or legal advice. This information should not be used as a basis for legal and/or tax advice. In any specific case, the parties involved should seek the guidance and advice of their own legal and tax counsel.